Friday, January 19, 2018

Cold Start Yogurt

Over last weekend I made Greek style yogurt for our family using the IP.  I didn’t want to share the post until I knew how it went over.


This is it straining because I wanted it thick.


One bottle of this milk and 1 heaping tablespoon of starter yogurt (Aldi brand Greek)
yielded:


2 1/2 pint jars full and 3/4 of a jar of whey

The yogurt is very tart and just the way I like it.
I used it for a sour cream replacement, in potato salad for a quick lunch, as a base for a ranch style dressing,  and as a breakfast food.
The whey went into my baking.
(My husband took 1 jar with him.)

It doesn’t get any easier to make.
Make sure your Instant Pot liner is sterilized.  
Pour in cold milk.
(It needs to be ultra pasteurized.  Aldi brand organic in the red carton will work. 
I’ll try to remember to get a future photo.)
Whisk in a heaping tablespoon of starter.
Hit the yogurt button, cover, and let count down for 8 hours.
(Normal setting.) 

If you want to make yogurt with other milks you will need to follow the more traditional method.

Links for ideas:


1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! Finally I got a weblog from where I can actually obtain useful facts regarding my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...