Sunday, January 7, 2018

“Be Careful What You Ask For”

Be careful what you ask for.

Did anyone else’s parents ever tell them that?  

Well, mine sure did.

Look back at my top 10 for the month....number 10 specifically...something about going with the flow.... I freely admit I like to have a plan and on occasion have been known to become quite flustered when plans are changed.  Maybe once or twice or.....well anyway we won’t count.

So on Friday evening I get a phone call from my academic advisor.  One of my classes has been cancelled.  She’s moved me to another one.  It starts Monday.  She’s teaching it.  That class has been rescheduled for summer and she has signed me up for that.  What did I say?  I simply said, “Okay, sounds great to me.”  Does that count as going with the flow?  LOL  

Blessings in this change:

1.  I am grateful that she handled all this for me.

2.  She’s a great advisor.

3.  I’ve ordered my new book and while it won’t be here by Monday she said not to worry about it.

4.  I’m hoping my summer class uses the books I’ve already purchased, but fortunately I want to read them anyway.

5.  I won’t be on campus until mid semester now and can travel for a conference with my husband.

6.  I’m taking an interesting class in place of the one I’ll still get to take later.  

Now if only the rest of 2018’s go with the flow challenges can be so smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...