Friday, January 5, 2018

Itty Bitty Cheesecake

Did anyone else like Larkrise to Candleford?  
Dorcas Lane would always refer to something as “my one weakness.”
Well cheesecake is my one weakness.
I love, love, love cheesecake.
In fact, I’ve never tried one I didn’t like.
Normally I would say that is a good thing, but I have to be careful because if it is around I can eat the whole cake.
Yeah...literally if given a day or two.

So in an effort to both indulge and limit my indulgence I made an itty bitty cheesecake.
I started with this recipe 
And immediately changed it.
Another weakness of mine, I suppose.
To be fair, who uses 6 ounces of an 8 ounce package of cream cheese.

So this is my version:
8 ounces of Neufatchel cream cheese (I use Aldi brand at 65 cents a package.
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
2 1/2 tablespoons of Turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of Better Batter Gluten Free Flour

I let everything come to room temperature, put it in a bowl, and stirred it with a rubber spatula until it was smooth.
Then I added in 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.

I put this in a small cheesecake pan that I lightly sprayed with oil.
I skipped the crust simply because I don’t have any GF graham crackers on hand.
They’re quite expensive and just so-so — I also haven’t tried making my own.
Plus I figure the chocolate chips will make up for the calories so I’m not cheating myself.

On the trivet, 1 cup of water, high pressure 45 minutes.  
Natural pressure release for 15 minutes and then finish releasing.


(The cup is shown for size comparison.  It is a standard 6 ounce coffee cup.)

Refrigerate.


Serve with whatever you like with your cheesecake.

Notes — If I make this again I will decrease the cooking time to 30 minutes and try it.
It wasn’t bad, but I think it could have cooked a little less time.
I’ll let you know how it does the next time I try it at a shorter time.

4 comments:

  1. Cheesecake is my weakness. In fact we will be going out for just that this weekend for my birthday. Like you, if I make it, I eat it. A mini cheesecake would be the perfect size. I was surprised by the cooking time -- it didn't seem to be quite in scale with the size of the cake. I'm curious to hear how a shorter cooking time works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cheesecake! I’m thinking about 25 to 30 minutes would be better.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! There are tons of quick cheesecake recipes out there.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...