Monday, January 1, 2018

Last Week of 2017 Frugal Happenings

While we weren’t at home for the last week of the year, we did do several things that I consider frugal.

 1.  We turned the heat down, cleared the fridge of anything that needed to be frozen, and left everything ready for an easy return.

 2.  I packed as much of our food as I could — including pre measured seasonings, etc. to save time.  Because we were on vacation we did want to do a few easy meals.  We picked up freezer pizzas for one night’s splurge.  The cost was still less than eating out, and I had a more or less kitchen free night.  On the other days I used the pressure cooker whenever possible to free up as much time as possible.

 3.  My daughter in law and I went out briefly the day after Christmas.  We found sweaters marked down 75% off.  I picked up two for me, two for her, and two for my daughter.  (We usually save some money for after Christmas shopping.). We also found 3 pairs of  pants for my grandson.  I bought both girls a couple of tank tops for layering.  (I’m more of a turtleneck for winter kind of person.) I did buy leggings for myself and a pair of extra thick slipper socks.

 4.  We were unable to transport leftovers home easily.  We made a point to use up what we could the last day.  Then my grandson and I went out to feed the seagulls anything we thought they would eat.


5.  We boarded our pets at the vet’s office.  We opted to leave at an early hour to be able to pick them up before the long New Year’s weekend.  This saved us $132.

 6.  We ordered my text books online, and they were delivered.  I was fortunate that my soon to be brother in law was able to pick them up for me.  The cost is always less online.

 7.  We did all our laundry the night before we left.  Coming home with clean clothes is nice, and ironically it saves on my bills, too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...