Monday, January 1, 2018

Pressure Cooker Breakfast Casserole (Recipe Included)

We started off our new year with coffee and breakfast casserole.
The recipe is pretty much my “unrecipe” style.
I used part of my dried food storage in it, but you could easily use fresh....simply saute the onions/pepper before adding and use shredded potato.

Breakfast Casserole
Rehydrate:
3/4 cup of hash browns
2 tbsp of onion
2 tbsp of bell pepper
When rehydrated, drain and squeeze in paper towel to remove excess water.

6 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup of milk added
Stir in 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar.
Add about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of cooked breakfast meat.
(I diced bacon and tossed in the microwave for a moment to cook it.)

Pour into a greased pan that will fit inside your pressure cooker.
Cover...foil or a lid 

Set on rack and add about 1 1/2 cups of water to bottom of pot.
Cook on high for 30 minutes.
Let pressure drop naturally for 10 minutes.
Then release.
Let the casserole cool for a few minutes and serve.






My family really enjoyed this. 
It allowed me to not run the stove.
I also got to sit and drink my coffee with everyone instead of babysitting anything in the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It made a decent amount. Both my husband and I had a slice and then I put aside 4 more wedges to go with his breakfasts this week. I think I may make another to have for my breakfasts. I’m torn between that and oatmeal.

      Delete
  2. After reading your posts on your instapot cooking I bought one on black Friday but decided to wait until after the first of the year to get it out and figure how to use it. I have to get it out and start using it regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had mine for a while, but I gave away two as Christmas presents. My sister is working on saving for a future home and she has just really begun to meal plan. She works full time so I am hopeful it will help her. The second was for my daughter in law. Any mom of a young child can use an extra helper.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...