Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 4 What We Ate

Sunday — Breakfast was coffee and cheerios.  Lunch was GF chicken nuggets, tater tots, and cheese sticks.  Supper was beef tips in gravy, yellow rice, and string beans.  Yes, that was different than the menu, but my husband wasn’t at home.  We went with my usual rules of not taking anythign away from other meals.  
Monday 
The flu has hit our house or a flu like something.  I was up and down all last night with sick stomach, fever, chills, bodyaches, the works.  My daughter is going okay.  Today I have lived on dry cereal.  Even plain rice and things like that haven’t stayed down.

She had eggs, toast, and bacon.  I was asleep during lunch time, and I think she grabbed something quick from the pantry.  For supper, I heated up the rice, baked some chicken, and heated up some chickpeas.  A bland looking plate.  I thought I was feeling better, and it all sounded good to me.  Big mistake!


 Tuesday I was feeling a little better when I woke up.

Sorry about sideways photo.
I made my daughter a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.
I had an egg and a piece of bacon.
Today was her day on campus and she ate there.  
I had half a GF tortilla with sunbutter.
By mid afternoon my head was throbbing again, but I wasn’t down.
For supper I made mac and cheese (from the menu) and my duaghter had BBQ pork with hers.
I ate a bit only to discover the pounding headache is what seems to be killing my stomach.
Ugh!


Wednesday
I woke up feeling marginally better.
My daughter ate cereal, and I opted to not eat.
Lunch was scrounge through the refrigerator.
By midday I was feeling better, but didn’t want what was on the menu.
Since it was the first time I was really hungry in days I decided to just go with it.
I fixed turkey breast filets, rice, green beans, gravy, and opened beets.
Then I cooked a yellow cake to serve with peaches.


It was all very good!

Thursday
I feel mostly human today!
Breakfast was waffles, eggs, and bacon.
Lunch was a protein shake for me, because I spent the day working on a research paper.
Supper was a “clean out fridge meal.”

Friday
Nobody wanted to really eat this morning.  
I had coffee and my daughter had some cereal.
Lunch was a protein shake for me, and my daughter ate ham biscuits.
Supper was supposed to be hamburger steak with gravy, but once again it didn’t work out where my husband could come home.
We took a vote and opted to just have burgers instead.


Saturday 
Breakfast — we made a batch of blueberry waffles and I had a protein shake.

Lunch was the two leftover burgers.
Supper was supposed to be quiche.
We kind of hand unassembled quiche.
We just cooked our eggs and bacon and had them with toast.

All in all I am pretty pleased with how the week went.  
Despite feeling horrible and switching some things around we did not pick anything up.
We stuck to items we had and tried to stick to the idea behind the menu.



8 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been ill. Yeah . . think the chic peas did you in, along with the heavier items like bacon. Need to follow BRAT diet next time and slowly, ever so slowly reintroduce foods. Glad that is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally gluten free waffles and cheerios were the only foods that stayed down. LOL

      Thanks. I am feeling much much much better!

      Delete
  2. Glad your feeling better. Stomach virus is the worse. You start to feel better, try to eat something and then your ill again. Do you have a recipe for the yellow rice or do you use a mix? Thanks. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a pressure cooker recipe. For this I left the peas and peppers it calls for out. The saffron is expensive, so I rarely use as much as they call for and at times just use the turmeric, rice, and chicken broth with onion powder for flavor.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I didn't think the message to you even went through.

      Delete
    3. You’re welcome. I have it set where I have to hit publish because I was getting some weird inappropriate comments. Still do, but I just delete them this way before anybody has to be subjected to them.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you were hit with the crud! We have had it here, as you know, and it's nasty, which ever form it decides to manifest itself in. The sick ones are starting to get a little better around here, thank goodness. It sounds like you are recovering, too.

    Your meals look wonderful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hated to hear it had hit your family, too. My daughter in law just texted me saying my grandson was down with it now. Poor kid.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...