Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January’s Top Ten Review

The month is at an end so I thought it would be a good time for me to look back over my January goals to see how I did.  

1. Keep grocery purchases to minimal and work on using up what is on hand.
I’m pleased with how we did on this.  While I do not try to separate every piece of household or work related items out, we managed to do pretty well for January.  We spent $385.91 on food and $10.33 on a coffee and fast food meal.

2.  Utilize my planner to help keep things organized.
The planner is fabulous!  I’m able to keep things organized.  Including my school work.  I’m not sure why I didn’t do this before.

3.  Do my best to keep Sunday's free from school work.
This didn’t work.  I did my best, but these classes are intensive and a lot of them have work that is due on Sunday.

4.  Purchase or make Valentine's Cards to mail for next month.
I purchased.  No way was I going to find the time to make them.

5.  Finish the skull shawl I am crocheting. I still haven’t quite finished.  I’m one skeleton repeat and the edging from being there.  Gotta get in gear!

6.  Inventory my freezer. I did this...and I have pasted the list on the side of my refrigerator.  A bit of an eye sore, but I am being faithful about marking things off.  I know if it is too inconvenient I won’t....so this is working.

7.  Continue with my 12 Days of Pintos recipe share. Sigh....I think I got one recipe shared.  I have more recipes.  I’m just having a hard time getting to them.  I promise to keep trying.

8.  Menu plan for the month. I did this.  We managed to stick to it at least in spirit.  In fact, I’ve already made out February’s menu.

9.  Try at least one new pressure cooker recipe. I did this.  I love, love, love using the pressure cooker.  

10.  Don't stress myself by insisting on perfection -- go with the flow. I was hit and miss on this one.  I didn’t do horribly, and I think the only real meltdown I had was related to being sick.  I was just so tired I finally gave up and went to bed in the middle of the day.  A very rare occurrence for me.  

So I am considering this month a success.  Not perfect, but life rarely is.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was successful to me too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Great month ! I know planning and planners are wonderful things that I need to start using but I fight plans every time I make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always felt like it was cramping my style, but then I decided to remind myself that the plan was working for me and not me working for it. As soon as I did that I felt like I was doing it voluntarily. hahahahah the psychology of choice I suppose

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...