Saturday, January 27, 2018

Frugal Happenings Week 4

Sunday January 21st
  • I washed four loads of laundry.  I hung everything to dry except my daughter’s bedding.
  • I changed the menu, but used a jar of home canned beef cubes to pull together an easy meal.
  • I used the pressure cooker to save on electricity.
  • I washed and saved the mushroom containers to use for something else.
  • I took advantage of the warm temperatures to dry the dehydrator trays outside.
  • I opened a bag of coffee that was given to us.  It is a brand that is stronger than I normally like.  I played with the ratio for two days and finally ended up going at about half strength.  At least the coffee will last twice as long.  LOL
  • We didn’t leave the house so no monies were spent.
  • I used half a saved lemon that was looking a little long in the tooth to flavor a pitcher of water.  I drank this all day.  No wasting of the lemon and better for me.
  • I opened my last package of dish washer detergent.  Fortunately with the new planner system I already have this on my February list.
  • I did double sided printing on my school print outs.  I can’t avoid the costs totally, but I am trying to at minimum save on paper.
  • I took advantage of Facetime to talk to someone over the WiFi.
  • I watched a 30 minute show on Netflix to unwind.
  • I dyed my own hair.  
Monday January 22nd
  • I used reward points to help pay for an unexpected, but necessary expense.
Tuesday January 23rd
  • I cancelled a summer class I ended up not needing after my transcripts were reviewed and scheduled two in its place.  Money saved in the long run on tuition.  
  • I ordered a spice rack for the kitchen.  Money out, but I had noticed I was losing things in the cabinet so I am hoping to see less waste and duplication long term.
  • We stuck to the menu, and I pulled some extra items from the freezer.
Wednesday January 24th
  • Still not feeling well.  Easy no spend day.  I used the slow cooker to cook turkey.  Nearer supper time I was feeling better so I used some pantry items to make us dessert.
  • My husband came home so I washed his laundry.  (First time in 2 weeks!) Because he had to head out in the morning I did run his clothes through the dryer.  Since I was running laundry anyway I did a second load to hang.
Thursday January 25th
  • I organized my spices.
  • We had a clean out refrigerator meal.
  • I used scrap printer paper to scribble ideas on for a research paper I am working on.
Friday
  • I ordered and had birthday gifts shipped directly.  Saving on the cost of a second postage.
Saturday
  • I had to run out for milk.  We did pretty well in the planning.  I’m down to the last week and considering I used a bottle of the original six for yogurt that isn’t too bad.
  • I also had a few items I needed personally and for the house, as well as a list of things my husband needed for the office.  I’ll share about these in another post.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Shara. I washed two loads of bed clothes today after being sick this week. I love sleeping on clean sheets. Sounds like you had a good frugal week.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...