Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Planning Ahead and Using Up

In planning ahead for the month, I did an inventory of the pantry.  It hasn't really warmed up enough for me to do the freezer, but I do have my basic list of what I believe is in there.  (Hoping I was kind of diligent in marking things off.)  While I was in the pantry I tidied everything up so that is a nice feeling.  When I finished I made our grocery list out and placed an order with Sam's Club. (The original goal was for this to be the only shop for the month, but sometimes plans change.  Due to a death in the family, I have out of town guests coming to stay.  I think we will still be fine for the month based on what I have ordered, but since this was decided after I placed the order we will just have to see.  Either way, I am not worried about it.  Life has a way of working out.)

We started the morning out by making waffles.  I had put together several "bagged mixes" for pancakes for our beach trip, but we had only used one.  A few quick additions and I had waffle batter.  I cooked 10 waffles with plans for my daughter to have some to go with her breakfasts for this first week of classes.


Lunch was simply using up the leftover taco meat, which we rolled into flour tortillas, added a quick sprinkle of cheese, and microwaved. Since I knew I had a Sam's Club order coming I cleaned and straightened the refrigerator.  I have been being diligent about using things up, and I didn't have much in there to take out.  However, I did have leftover rice that needed using up.  Since I knew I had some BLSL chicken thighs that I am trying to use up and some stir fry veggies, I decided that a stir fry would be perfect.


Please send up prayers and positive thoughts for my extended family -- my aunt has passed away.  Also prayers for safe travels for us as we head that way.  We are leaving on still icy roads.  (I'm grateful that my sister and her fiance are letting me ride with them because they have a four wheel drive vehicle.  I don't live in an area where we get a lot of "snow driving" in and as such we don't keep vehicles prepared for it.)

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks good, so sorry to hear about your aunt ((Shara)).

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...