Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Citrus Preservation

When I purchased my citrus fruit for the month I did not plan on more snow.  My husband normally comes home and helps me snack on it.  I also pack some for him to take with him.  That didn’t happen this time, but I didn’t want to let the fruit go to waste.  I love it, but I knew I couldn’t eat it fast enough to use it up in a good time frame.
I sliced and dried all  the lemons except for one to use in lemon pasta.


I sliced the last of the oranges and dried them.

I peeled and segmented the grapefruit and canned them.

I’ll use these in a couple of ways.
Lemons and Oranges:
1.  Hot teas
2.  Cold iced tea (I add to the pitcher as the bags steep.)
3.  In meat dishes such as lemon or orange chicken or to add a little zing to a grain dish.

The grapefruit can be eaten as is or added to fruit salad.  

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It amuses me that in an effort to use things up I am still adding to the food stores, but I comfort myself in knowing at least this way it is not wasted.

      Delete
  2. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months
    of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...