Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January's Groceries

I previously shared my menu plan for the month.  (Menu Plan)  My goal was to shop once this month and not shop again until February. 

This is a breakdown of what I purchased from Sam's Club.  Some items are food, some are school/travel related but still food, and others are household/pet care.  The biggest bonus was that I had rewards points built up with them -- $100 worth.  My cart total was $382.83.  Then I saved $15.75 in coupons and they applied my $100.  My total was $267.08.  Not bad.  Because I picked up some supplies on December 30th, I am counting that in my running total for the month so that total comes to $373.03 for January. 

My numbers worked out like this:
Household Supplies  $33.09
Pets.                           $49.90
Medical OTC.           $29.94
Taxes                        $16.57
Food.                       $243.53  



Produce : 50 pounds of baking potatoes, lemons, oranges, grape fruit, zucchini, pink lady apples


6 bottles of milk and 3 dozen eggs


Refrigerator items:  2 packages of cheese sticks, half and half, 3 packages of turkey bacon, mango salsa


Meats:  5.5 pounds of lean ground beef, 24 turkey burgers, 10 pounds of chicken breasts
(The chicken was cheaper frozen than fresh and since I would have froze it anyway, I went with this.)


This is our emergency stash.  Daughter can grab either of these and have them ready in a jiffy.
It’s amusing, but if she isn’t feeling bad she loves the pizza rolls despite refusing to eat any tomato sauce for me.
However, when her Crohn’s is flaring up the saltiness and starch from the Ramen settles her stomach some.


These were pantry supplies to replace things I had completely used up.
(I find the rotel is just as cheap as buying my tomatoes and chilis separate.
I normally buy stevia, but this wasn’t an option.  I’ve used Splenda in the past so for this month and the next it will do.)


I had also used up completely all of these that I had.  


These are for quick snacks, emergency meals, or whatever.  
Sam’s Club had them on sale this time and we were down to a partial box in the pantry.


I don’t know whether to count these as medical or as food.
Per doctor’s instructions I drink them between meals to help keep my blood sugar stable.
For now they’re in the food category.


This is more sodas than we will need for a month.  
My daughter takes them to school because she cannot carry opened water bottles into some of her classes.
This is the cheapest I can buy them with any regularity.
We also offer them to guests from time to time.


2 large bags of cat food and not shown 84 pounds of cat litter 
This is to be split between our two places.

I did not photograph the items I bought at the end of December.
Basically what I have left of those items is:
Coffee creamer
Turkey sausage patties
1/2 carton of milk
Mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni
GF Bread crumbs

I'm also expecting some of these items to carry over in part to February.




3 comments:

  1. That is great that you had $100 worth of rewards points with them. Is that by using a Sam's Club credit card? I have one, but have not used it yet. I might have to start using it if that is the case

    You did great on your purchases. I don't think I realized they sold potatoes in the 50 pound bag. Do you mind if I ask how much they were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda this is the basic information for the cash rewards program:

      The Sam’s Club Cash Rewards program is a membership benefit exclusively for U.S. Sam’s Club Plus Members. The program allows Plus Members to accrue Cash Rewards on qualifying purchases at Sam’s Club. Earned Cash Rewards are loaded on to the membership account at the end of each membership year (12 –month period) and are then available for redemption as cash or credit.

      Delete
    2. The price for 50 lbs of baking potatoes (the big box) is $19.98.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...