Monday, January 15, 2018

Freezer Inventory

We finally managed to inventory the two freezers.  I'll continue to work on these items this month, but I am also thinking we will have enough to go into next month with me just supplementing.  I really want to do a complete rotation on this food.  With that said I may not plan February totally in advance, but instead rely on this list and pick meals that use these ingredients as I go along.  I may do my menu for a week at a time as a result of this.  I also know I have one week that we will be gone.  I'll need quick stuff for my daughter to prepare for herself that week.  This freezer inventory does include the stuff we purchased this month.

So this is what I have in addition to my canned and dried items:  (I realize the term box and bag doesn't mean much to you, but that is how I determine my serving sizes, so it means something for my planning.)

Fruit Blueberries 1 bag
Fruit Mixed Fruit 4 bags
Meat BLSL chicken breast 11 pounds
Meat Turkey burgers 24 patties
Meat Hamburger 5 lbs.
Meat Pork loin 1 medium sized
Meat BLSL chicken thighs 6 pounds
Meat BBQ Chicken 3 meals
Meat Beef patties 20 patties
Meat Turkey Mignon 4 patties
Meat Turkey sausage patties 1 bag
Meat Ground turkey 4 lbs
Meat Italian links 5 links
Meat Sausage (loose) 3 pounds
Meat Popcorn chicken 2 bags
Meat Sausage coil 1 large
Meat Veggie burgers 4 patties
Meat Kansas City Steaks 4 steaks
Meat Chicken, whole 1 large
Meat Pork loin, cubes 1 bag
Meat Pork sausage patties 1 bag
Meat Chicken tenders, GF 1 bag
Meat Chicken tenders, Italian 1 pan
Meat Beef sausage 7 links
Meat Pork sausage links 13 links
Misc. Pizza rolls 1.5 bags
Misc. Hamburger buns, GF 2 bags
Misc. Lasagna 1 pan
Misc. Hot dog buns, GF 1 bag
Misc. Fried Rice 1 meal
Misc. BBQ Pork (pulled) 1 meal
Misc. Italian bread 2 loaves
Misc. Cool Whip 2 tubs
Misc. Buns (sesame seed) 1 bag
Veg Mixed Veggies  6 bags
veg Green beans 3 bags
Veg Veggie Tots 1 bag
Veg Sweet potato tubs 2 tubs
Veg Broccoli Blend 1 bag
Veg Kidney beans 2 cups
Veg Corn 2 bags
Veg Asparagus 3 bags
Veg Kale 1 bag
Veg Spinach 1 bag
veg Hash browns 6 pounds
Veg Tater Tots 2 gallon bags
Veg Sliced bell pepper 1 gallon bag
Veg Chopped broccoli 1 box
Veg Baby Lima 1 bag
Veg Cauliflower, riced 1 bag
Veg Broccoli 1 bag
Veg Okra 3 bags
Veg Chick peas 2 cups

2 comments:

  1. I use the bag system to keep my frozen food count also. All meats and proteins are bagged in per meal portions before they are frozen. so I kind of "get" your system. It is not easy to inventory food stores but it is necessary! I need to do my freezer but it is so cold right now I don't want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The “bag” count works. Haha!
      Our freezer is in an outside room, and I kept putting off inventorying because of the cold. We finally just bundled up and used gloves, etc while we did it. I’m glad we did because it helped me create a clearer mental picture of what I do and don’t have.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...